While researching and trying to find the best smokers out there, I stumbled upon this Smoke Hollow 30162E 30-Inch Electric Smoker with Adjustable Temperature Control. On top of all of the great reviews read, I liked that the company Smoke Hollow is actually owned by world-famous barbecue chef Rick Davidson. I would imagine that a smoker thought up and built by a master in the field would yield the results one desires. This smoker appears to have the benefits of an old school model, with the perks of modern day technology.
What’s Included in the Smoke Hollow 30162E 30-Inch Electric Smoker
This 30 in. electric smoker is great for outdoor cooking with the benefit of not having to worry about keeping your charcoal or gas full. It gives your meat, veggies, and more a delicious smoky BBQ flavor. It seems relatively easy to use which results in foolproof wins for beginners, or complex recipes for pros. A magnetized door allows for a tight seal in addition to what the two latches already provide. This smoker would appeal to the “set and forget” type chef.
Build Quality and Design
This is a 30 inch steel smoker weighing around 30 lbs. It boasts a large cooking area with 3 chrome plated grates included. The walls double built to allow for a deep consistency of temperature. The door seals tight magnetically all around, and also has a latch for backup.
The analog thermometer presents itself on the door of the smoker to allow for touch free check ins. The door handle is a spring wire design that is always cool to the touch. The 1500 watt electric heat element is adjustable with three temperature settings. It’s also removable if you don’t want to leave the unit outside to bear the elements.
It come loaded with a painted steel wood chip box for loading in the wood chips of your choosing. A porcelain coated steel water pan also comes included for steam smoking. Both of these containers appear super easy to clean and wipe out between uses. This smoker also comes equipped with two side handles to easily transport form place to place. This makes for safe movement around your backyard even while in use.
(4.1 / 5)
Read More at Amazon
Features of the Smoke Hollow 30162E 30-Inch Electric Smoker
What We Like
- Simplicity: This smoker is made for the set and forget mentality. The maker shows us it’s not necessary to overthink a smoke session. Simply set one of the 3 settings and go about your business. Reward is most certainly on the way.
- Great door seal: to allow for consistent and steady heat and temps. Magnetized for simple open and close.
- Brand: made by the true professionals in the field. Design is sleek and simple. Meant to yield results, not built for a fancy look.
What We Don’t Like
- Doesn’t have a side wood chip loader. You must open the front door to load in more wood chips. This causes all the heat you’ve spent hours building to be lost, and uneven cooking temperatures. Not to mention you might get hit in the face with a wall of smoke!
- Adjustable temperature control only has three settings instead of the ability to actually plug in a number of degrees. This gives the user less control of their product.
- A few reviews I read gave mention to their wood chips not actually getting hot enough to give off smoke while the smoker was in the lowest setting. This could be of concern.
On our search for the best smoker out there, this one is definitely a contender. Proudly wearing the brand of Smoke Hollow, right off the bat we know we are dealing with a masterfully crafted product. This smoker brings all of the design features that would result in a delicious end product. It has a classic, traditional, sleek black build, and all the components needed to smoke to your hearts delight. Simple and efficient to use, this is a guaranteed winner in the market.