Contrary to what you may think, smoking meats does not have to be an overly complicated and lengthy process. Though the resulting flavors are multi-dimensional and complex, the actual cooking of them doesn’t have to be.
The Smokehouse Products Little Chief Front Load Smoker is one of the best options for beginners looking to achieve great flavors with minimal effort. Check out our full review below to see all the reasons why not just any electric smoker, but this particular one, should be a staple at your home.
[usr 3.6 size=30]
Read More at Amazon
Features of the Smokehouse Little Chief Front Load Smoker
- 250 watt heating element
- 12.6 pound weight
- Dimensions of 11.5 x 11.5 x 24.5 inches
- Four chrome-plated cooking grills
- Removable drip pan
- Embossed aluminum exterior
- Recipe booklet
- 1.75-pound bag of hickory flavored wood chips
What We Like
- Arguably the best part of the Smokehouse Products Little Chief Front Load Smoker is how absolutely simple it is to operate. When this arrives at your house, you may initially be surprised to find that there are no assembly instructions. Why? Because there are none! The Smokehouse Products Little Chief Front Load Smoker only weights 12.6 pounds and is fully assembled when it arrives at your door step. Though it is one of the smaller smokers available, don’t underestimate it. Loading up the meat is as simple as can be given the fact that the racks are both front-loading and slide out easily. With four chrome-plated cooking grills, the smoker can heat up to 25 pounds of hearty meat.
- The Smokehouse Products Little Chief Front Load Smoker is especially ideal if you’re a novice smoker. With its 250-watt heating element, this smoker stays at a stabilized one temperature reading of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Don’t shy away from this feature, as it is sure to give you a consistent flavorful smoke. And another plus to this choice? They also throw in a recipe and instructions booklet on how to maximize its use.
- One of its inclusions is also a 1.75-pound bag of fresh, hickory flavored wood chips to get you started. Loading the wood chips is pretty straightforward, and doesn’t require having the front door open to reload. The wood chip tray can be accessed at just that part, so you don’t lose any of the heat built up inside.
- How about another element you will come to appreciate right away? The drip pan is fully removable and dishwasher safe. Plus, the aluminum exterior means it will never rust.
- Individuals like you and me are sometimes the best spokesperson for the products we really enjoy, and with the Smokehouse Products Little Chief Front Load Smoker, it’s no different. Many owners of this unit are long-time ones. The materials are of the utmost quality and are certainly long lasting. The reliability is proven in the fact that some have had this electric smoker for decades, with the first ever unit being produced in 1968.
- Last but not least, we cannot leave out the fact that this smoker comes with a limited warranty of two-years. This means that should your unit encounter any kind of defect in the body or any of its parts, the company will fix or replace it for you. You can count on both the product and the Smokehouse Products’ stellar reputation.
What We Don’t Like
- The downsides to this unit are ones that others see as positives. If you’re looking for a wide range of cooking temperatures, you may not be happy with the steady 165-degree set temperature, however, when it virtually guarantees delicious flavor, you may realize you don’t need such a range of options.
- Some smokers may be able to be used indoors, but you should use this option outdoors only.
- In addition, if you’re looking to smoke larger cuts of meat or more than 25 pounds you would experience some limitations with this electric smoker. With multiple cooking grates, however, you can certainly cook a variety of meat, poultry and fish simultaneously.
What I Wish I Knew
When selecting an electric smoker, I felt a great conundrum with all the options on the market. Here are a few pieces of advice, I encourage you to take into consideration before making your final selection:
- Price does not always correlate to quality.
My initial expectation was the more expensive electric smokers were of higher quality. This is certainly not the case, especially with the Smokehouse Little Chief Front Load Smoker. Though it is not the most expensive (or least expensive) available, it is one of the most consistent in terms of function and taste.
- Size matters.
Only you know how frequently and with how much cuisine you will be utilizing your new tool. While it sounds great to have more than 4 trays or a larger interior cooking space, if you’re not planning on cooking for large groups of people, it’s just not necessary.
- Reviews are a must.
Though the company’s themselves and the online stores give great descriptions of the product line, it’s important to understand how the actual users feel once the product is at their front door.
Overall, we truly believe that the Smokehouse Products Little Chief Front Load Smoker is one of if not the best electric smoker product available on the market. Not only does it have a proven decades-old track record, but it is very easy to operate. Already arriving completely assembled, getting the smoker ready for use means simply plugging into an electric outlet. Plus, at a whopping 12.6-pound weight, moving this smoker around with you doesn’t require a second thought. At a cost of less than $100, you cannot find a better-quality product at such an incredible price.