Masterbuilt 20071117 30″ Digital Electric Smoker Review
As a relative “newbie” to the world of smokers, I’ve been looking to find a smoker that combines the benefits of beginner friendly with quality results. This seems to be a winner in terms of ease of use and good product turnout. The Masterbuilt 20071117 30″ Digital Electric Smoker seems to be a win-win for simple home smoking projects, and I would be thrilled to give it a shot.
Click Here to Read Our Buying Guide: Best Electric Smokers under $300
Build Quality and Design
What stood out to me the most about this smoker is it’s proclaimed ease of use. The design is simple and efficient. You’re able to plug it in, load the wood chips, set the timer and temperature, and boom, smoke a pork butt in no time. This is a 30-inch machine with handsome and modern look and finish. It does not show wear and tear. Temperature ranges from 100-275 degrees. Also, a removable drip pan is included to make for super easy cleanup. If you’ve ever used a smoker, you know the cleanup can be daunting.
Starting out with the basics: pork, chicken, briskets, and sausages, would serve you well. You also have the ability to move on to more complex smoking projects if you’d like: salmon, cheeses, jerkies, onions, you name it. I like the versatility that this smoker offers it’s customers.
I also like that if you choose to get into more complex tasks with this smoker, you have that option. It’s possible to purchase accessories to do projects like cold smoking. I don’t foresee anyone getting bored with this smoker. Bring on the backyard barbecue feasts!
[usr 4.0 size=30]
Read More at Amazon
Features of the Masterbuilt 20071117 30″ Digital Electric Smoker
This is a digital, electric smoker with a built in thermometer and timer control. It has a large space to smoke in, 4 chrome smoking racks, and a side wood chip loading door. In fact, Masterbuilt patented this convenient feature as their own. Any type of wood chips are functional here, even the inexpensive kind. No need to purchase the fancy stuff.
The body of the smoker is well insulated and features an air-tight seal on the door for long hours of controlled and stable temperatures while smoking. It comes with a water bowl included if you want to add moisture and flavor to your smoked goodies.
What We Like
- Beginner Friendly: Literally plug in, load, set, and go. If you’re just getting introduced to the work of smoking, this is a great choice for you.
- Simple, chic design: handsome black finish.
- Large cooking capacity: Masterbuilt claims you can fit 2 turkeys, 4 pork butts, 4 racks of ribs, and 6 chickens at one time
- Digital control panel: control your cooking temperature and time by just touching buttons on the panel.
- Side Wood Chip Loader: you can add wood chips without opening the door. This allows for stable temperatures throughout the entire cooking process
What We Don’t Like
- Does not have wheels, and sits a little low to the ground.
- Does not come with a meat probe installed on the unit. Must use an external meat probe, which is an additional purchase
- Does not come with a cover included- must purchase one separately. Being that the digital control panel is on top of the smoker, it could be damaged in wet weather. You’d need to buy the cover separately.
If you are a novice smoker, looking to break into the hobby of smoking, this is a great choice. Not to say this wouldn’t produce results for a pro either. If you are looking to do southern style smoked barbecue meats with relatively no experience, I believe this smoker would deliver on that promise.