Over the last few years, electric smokers have become extremely popular not only in the culinary world but also in mainstream households. With options that have made backyard smoking a simple and seamless task, you may be seriously considering one for yourself. That being said, the sheer volume of information you can find on the internet may be a bit overwhelming. Well we’re here to break it down for you with our review of the 26-inch Landmann USA Smoky Mountain Electric Smoker with Viewing Window. Read on to see why this is one of the best choices of electric smoker if you’re in the market for this awesome gadget.
[usr 3.9 size=30]
Read More at Amazon
Features of the Landmann USA Smoky Mountain Electric Smoker
- 431 square inch cooking space
- Three chrome-plated cooking grids
- Dimensions: 28.7 x 18.9 x 15.3 inches
- 33-pound weight
- Four adjustable legs
- Double-walled front door
- 3-in-1 tray
- 1500 watt heating element
Considerations Before Purchasing an Electric Smoker
- Frequency of Use
The first and perhaps most important consideration should be frequency of use. Primarily, will you use the smoker enough for it to make sense for you to own one, but also how frequently you will use it once you bring it home. If you only forsee using the smoker once or twice, then using a regular grill will give you more versatility. If you are committed to getting as much use out of your smoker as possible, think about how often that will translate to. You will certainly want to invest in a product that is both efficient as well as reliable, with a long life ahead of it.
- Capacity Required
As you research, you should really consider just how much meat you will be smoking at one time. If you’re cooking for a large family or for gatherings and special occasions, you will want an electric smoker that has multiple cooking racks and a large interior cooking space.
- Price Comfortability
Think about your budget and what you’re allocating to a new gadget. If you plan to use it frequently, you may want to spend a bit more to ensure the product is both durable and reliable. If you’re just testing it out, you may want to spend a bit less to see how you like an electric smoker in general.
What We Like
- Well, the good news is that the 26’’ Landmann USA Smoky Mountain Electric Smoker with Viewing Window is reliable, durable and affordable. It is a fantastic choice for those who are just beginning to dabble in smoking and even those who are experts at it. Its 431-square inch cooking area is spacious and the three chrome plated cooking grids allow for multiple cuts of meat to smoke simultaneously.
- Another plus to this particular electric smoker is its four adjustable legs. Typically, electric smokers are heavy and inconvenient to move. Plus, it’s bottom limits where it can be used outdoors. With the adjustable legs, you’ll be pleased that it can sit virtually anywhere, even where the ground is uneven. It’s 33-pound weight is another positive, as it’s one of the lighter options, allowing you to relocate it in one shot if necessary.
- One of the components we love most about the smoker is its convenient 3-in-1 tray. Having the wood chip box, water pan and grease tray in one section makes it handy to add these elements and saves time when it’s time to clean (something we know you’ll no question be thankful for).
- Though having a viewing window may seem like a luxury, it really is a necessity for monitoring your grub without having to lose any valuable smoke or momentum. Also, the fact that the door is doubled walled and magnetic makes for a tight seal and easy opening and closing. Being able to spot check through the door rather than opening it for a glimpse can make a big difference in your food’s final result.
What We Don’t Like
- The Landmann USA Smoky Mountain Electric Smoker’s dial thermostat is not as precise as some people would like and is more primitive than the higher-tech digital options available. Keep in mind though that digital, does not necessarily translate to reliable as many times the digital software can malfunction.
What I Wish I Knew
When selecting an electric smoker, I felt a great conundrum with all the options on the market. Here are a few pieces of advice, I encourage you to take into consideration before making your final selection:
- Price does not always correlate to quality.
My initial expectation was the more expensive electric smokers were of higher quality. This is certainly not the case, especially with the Landmann USA Smoky Mountain Electric Smoker. Though it is not the most expensive (or least expensive) available, it is one of the most consistent in terms of function and taste.
- Size matters.
Only you know how frequently and with how much cuisine you will be utilizing your new tool. While it sounds great to have more than 4 trays or a larger interior cooking space, if you’re not planning on cooking for large groups of people, it’s just not necessary.
- Reviews are a must.
Though the company’s themselves and the online stores give great descriptions of the product line, it’s important to understand how the actual users feel once the product is at their front door.
We feel that the Landmann USA Smoky Mountain Electric Smoker is really one of the best options available for those seeking an electric smoker that is effective at a reasonable price. At well under $200, there really is no other smoker out there that provides the value and reliability you will find in its 431 square inches of cooking space. You will likely appreciate the conveniences provided by its viewing window and 3-in-1 cooking tray, making the smoking process seamless and stress free. Plus, those who bite into the final product will always remember the perfect flavors achieved on their taste buds.
Duis enim tortor, efficitur eu fermentum sit amet, posuere sed eros. Vivamus ut faucibus quam, condimentum tincidunt ligula. Etiam quis dui non metus luctus iaculis vel nec purus. Integer scelerisque tellus et turpis semper, sit amet venenatis felis interdum. Phasellus lacus lorem, gravida vel nisl eget, blandit ultricies tortor. Nulla et fringilla ipsum. Nunc elementum eleifend purus et feugiat. Cras pulvinar convallis sem, nec varius erat varius et. Vivamus eu orci egestas, placerat augue sed, hendrerit orci. Ut consequat dui in iaculis dignissim.