Who doesn’t like frolicking through a splash pad at a water park? Now thanks to the many DIY splash pad kits that are available there can be fun for all, young and old and somewhere in between even pets can have their own water features. You can have all this without ever having to leave home.
Splash pads are great as a stand-alone water play area or to enhance a new or existing pool. Splash pad kits are customizable to your own specific needs or desires, they are versatile and much easier to install than you might think.
If you are looking for a fun and safe way to cool down and beat the heat this summer without having to leave home or pay the high prices at the water parks this may be just the thing for you.
What Factors Should You Consider When Choosing a DIY Splash Pad Kit?
It is amazing the multitude of splash pad kits that are out there to choose from. To narrow down the options ask yourself these questions to help determine which ones are best for you.
- Are you looking for a stand-alone splash pad or one that can tie into your new or existing pool?
- Is there a specific size that you are looking for or shape? For example rectangle, circle, kidney bean or a square just to offer a few options.
- Is there a certain amount of nozzles you are looking for? (There are kits that offer as few as 3 and as many as 20.)
- Do you want to be able to adjust the height of the risers and the force of the spray?
- Are you interested in adding additional features? This may include LED lighting, dumping buckets, cannons, mushrooms, loops and hoops, and much more. If so you want to make sure that the splash pad you purchase can accommodate them. (NOTE, many of these will have to be purchased separately.)
- How much are you willing to spend? You can find kits for as low as $1,500 and as high as $5,000 and above.
- Do you plan to install the splash pad yourself or to have it installed?
Does the Kit Include Everything You Need?
- Many of the splash pad kits come with a control box, inline chlorinator, drain, jets, valves, pump and holding tank. This however is not all that will be needed to complete your splash pad.
- When looking through the various splash pads offered be sure to pay careful attention to is and is not included. Other materials needed to complete the splash pad include underground plumbing equipment such as pipes.
- Most of the splash pads do not include fill or your surface material which allows you to choose from rubber, cement, pavers or any other material you find suitable for your personal splash pad.
A Look at the Top Splash Pad Kit Manufacturers
Here are the top manufacturers of splash pad kits out there currently. Some of them offer installation as well as videos for those who wish to tackle installing the splash pad themselves. Some of them also offer their own unique surface for an additional price. Make sure you look over each one carefully and see which one suits your own personal needs best.
S. R. Smith WetDek
The S.R Smith WetDek is another brand of splash pad that it offered for residential recreation. They offer both stand alone and tie in varieties of splash pads kits in different sizes. Some of the features that come with the S.R Smith WetDek are. Water spouts have the ability to be adjusted to spray water from a few inches to over 12 feet into the air. The AquaDirector (control box) can be powered by any of the leading control systems, such as EasyTouch and Intellitouch. WetDek has enough flexibility that you can customize them to be used in commercial applications. Make sure however that you contact someone about your local codes for requirements. You can find the stand alone kit here competitively priced on Amazon, there are a number of kits currently available. For example, the S.R. Smith 938-335-12 WetDek Pool Side Kit, 12-Jet is currently around $2,400 And the S.R. Smith 938-335-6 WetDek Pool Side Kit, 6-Jet is less than $2,000.
The stand-alone kit comes with:
- Water reservoir
- Inline chlorinator
- AquaDirector control box.
- Everything you need excluding piping runs and surfacing material.
Rain Deck is one of the leading manufacturers in splash pad kits. They offer residential, light commercial and commercial splash pads one of few to offer service in all 3 of these categories. It stands to reason that by this we should be able to expect exceptional quality in their product. Some of their above ground features include mushroom, dumping bucket, flowers, fire hydrant, lady bug, lighthouse, waterfall and cactus. These are not all that they offer for above ground features so be sure to check out all the options. On their website is an installation video you can find it here https://www.raindeck.com/rain-deck-installation-video/ .
Below is their stand-alone splash kit as you can see you will have to purchase above ground features with it if that is your desire. The cost for this particular kit is $3,199. You can find it here. https://www.raindeck.com/products/all-products/rain-deck-8-nozzle-splash-pad-kit-stand-alone/ .
The stand-alone kit comes with:
- 8 Rain Deck 3” Housings
- 8 Rain Deck Adjustable Nozzles
- Rain Deck Nozzle Tool
- Electronic Controller (RD505-0)
- 3-Way Diverter Valve 1-1/2”
- 5-HP Pump
- 150 Square Foot Cartridge Filter
- 6” Drain Grate with Strainer Basket
- Rain Deck 150 Gallon Holding Tank
- Two 1-1/2” & one 1/2” bulk head fittings
- 1/2” Auto Fill Leveler
- 1-1/2” Check Valve
- Four (4) Solenoid Manifold
- Float Chlorinator Dispenser (1” tabs)
- Rain Deck Installation Manual
My Splash Pad
This is a residential splash pad from the My Splash Pad gallery.
My splash pad not only offers residential, light commercial and commercial splash pads they even offer splash pads for pets, how great is that. Why should we humans get all the fun?
If you’re looking for a splashingly great time be sure to take a look at My Splash Pad. They have above ground features made from marine grade fiberglass that is not only rust free they are hand painted so not any two are alike. Built to withstand vigorous play from children these fine products are meant to stand the test of time. My Splash Pad proudly announces that they are made in the USA, Ohio to be exact. With their splash pad kits they include UV light sanitizer/clarifier that kills 99.99% of bacteria and viruses, something that some other manufacturers offer as an additional option. They provide a 25 year warranty on their above ground water features.
Some of the above ground water features that they offer are animals are the birdie, turtle, butterfly, crocodile, ladybug, snake and duck. These are just a few, be sure to see site for all their great products. Along with the animals there are hoops, bucket dumps, mushrooms, blasters, umbrellas, columns, water cannons and unique water features such as the Pirate at Helm, poolside chair, treasure chest just to name a few.
The stand-alone kit comes with:
- 6 My Splash Pad 2½” diameter housings with Lifetime warranty!
- 6 My Splash Pad adjustable Aqua-Arc spray nozzles with Lifetime warranty!
- 6 My Splash Pad adjustable Aqua-Fan spray nozzles with Lifetime warranty!
- 6 My Splash Pad adjustable Aqua-Triple spray nozzles with Lifetime warranty!
- 3 ¾” Ball Valves, valve with 1 year warranty!
- 1½ horse power pool quality pump with strainer basket for long life with 1 year warranty!
- 150 square foot cartridges filter with 3 year warranty!
- 11”X11’ Drain Box with 3 year warranty!
- My Splash Pad 250 gallon recirculation tank with lifetime warranty!
- 6 My Splash Pad nozzle tools with Lifetime warranty!
- 3-port water driven gear valve – This is the heart of the splash pad and makes the water come to life and is the only moving part in the splash pad and has a lifetime warranty!
- Kit requires NO manifold or electric solenoid valves or cpu that can go bad.
- My Splash Pad Auto-Fill valve for your 250 gallon holding tank to keep it topped off, so you have no worries of the tank ever going dry, with 3 year warranty!
- 2” check valve with 3 year warranty!
- UV Light Sanitizer/Clarifier-kills 99.99% of bacteria and viruses with 1 year warranty!
- My Splash Pad in-line tablet chlorination with 3 year warranty!
- Installation manual
As you can see, they have a great deal to offer the consumer. To find out more information give them a call at 330.705.1802 or have a look at their website at https://mysplashpad.net/my-splash-pad-6-nozzle-splashpad-kit/.
If you are searching for a splash pad to enjoy in your own back yard there is a great deal to choose from. Make sure that you thoroughly explore the options and find one that suits your own specific desire and have a great time splashing around in your new splash pad.
If you are looking for help building your new backyard splash pad check out our article about the 7 steps for a successful splash pad installation!