Who doesn’t love running through a splash pad when they visit a water park? Thanks to the many do-it-yourself splash pad kits that are now available, children, adults, and even pets can now enjoy this fun water feature without ever having to leave home. Perfect alone or added to complement an existing or new pool, splash kits are versatile, customizable, and much easier to install than you might think. If you looking for a fun and safe way to beat the summer heat without having to pay outrageous water park prices, this may be exactly what you are looking for.
What Factors Should You Consider When Choosing a DIY Splash Pad Kit?
You may be shocked to find out that there are a variety of options to choose from. To narrow down your selection, determine your answers to the following questions.
- Do you want a splash pad that stands alone or is tied into your existing pool?
- What size pad do you prefer? Is there a certain shape you want, such as a circle, square, kidney bean, etc.?
- How many nozzles do you want? (You can find kits with as few as 6 nozzles or as many as 16 nozzles.) Do you want to be able to adjust the height of the nozzle and the force of the water?
- Are there any additional features/ accessories you are interested in? This may include LED lighting, dumping buckets, cannons, mushrooms, loops and hoops, and much more. While these things usually have to be purchased separately, you will want to make certain that the splash pad kit you choose can accommodate them.
You will also need to take into account how much you plan to spend (prices start around $1,500, but can run as high as $5,000 or more), as well as whether or not you want to be able to install it yourself.
Does the Kit Include Everything You Need?
- Most DIY splash kits include a control box, inline chlorinator, drain, jets, filter, valves, pump, and water reservoir (gallon tank). However, this is not all that you will need for a working splash pad.
- When looking at the different options, pay careful attention to whether or not any needed underground plumbing equipment, such as pipes, are included with the kit. If the equipment is not included, you may have to purchase it separately.
- In most cases, the surface material is not included with the kit. This allows you to decide between pavers, concrete, rubber, or any other material you desire, though you do have to purchase it separately.
A Look at the Top Splash Pad Kit Manufacturers
Rain Deck is currently the only manufacturer that accommodates all three markets: commercial, light commercial, and residential. As a result, you can expect exceptional products that are available in an assortment of configurations, including 6, 8, 12, and 16 nozzles, as well as standalone kits or kits that tie into your pool. They offer a range of accessories and nozzles that are interchangeable, which definitely makes things a little more fun than always having the same nozzle.
Designed to have little to no standing water, a great safety feature, they are affordably priced on Amazon. For example, the Rain Deck RD202-1 12 Nozzle Splash Pad Kit – Pool Tie-In is currently on sale for $1,758.
S. R. Smith WetDek:
WetDek systems are designed for expandability and flexibility. A standalone kit can be shaped and sized to fit any size yard. It is also available in different configurations, including 6, 9, or 12 nozzles that are scalable and customizable, allowing you to create a pad in a variety of shapes. WetDek systems are zero depth, meaning they do not collect water, and come with pre programmed controller that provides 4 different water play programs.
Also competitively priced on Amazon, there are a number of kits currently available. For example, the S.R. Smith 938-335-12 WetDek Pool Side Kit, 12-Jet is currently on sale for $2,284.
With an easy to use manual and video installation available, WetDeck splash pad kits are designed to be easy to install. They are available with 6, 8, 12, or 18 nozzles and can be customized to fit any shaped pad. Also a zero water standing splash pad, they can be used in even the smallest spaces. WetDeck includes a state of the art control box, as well as a foot sensor activator.
Several WetDeck kits are now offered on Amazon, including the WetDeck 16 Nozzle Splash Pad Kit, which is currently priced at $3,049.
If you are looking for an entertaining and safe way to deal with the sweltering summer temperatures, it is time to consider adding a splash pad to your yard. Thanks to the wide assortment of splash pad kits to choose from, you are sure to be able to find one that perfectly fits your needs.Check out all the splash pad kits currently available on Amazon.com here!